Your Instructor: Krista Smith
Get the financial resources you need to support your artistic practice
Submitting grant proposals can be a fear-inducing and even traumatizing experience. Krista is a seasoned grant-writing professional who has submitted over 1,500 proposals for her clients & has an 80% success rate - and she's here to help guide you through the process!
It's time to feel empowered: in this course, Krista shares best practices, strategies, & skills to support you to successfully navigate the world of grant & fellowship proposals.
Learning these skills is worth it; an investment of 40 hours of your time can yield grants ranging from $5,000 - $100,000 (or more)!
"There is a huge difference between inclusion and self-determination...
In today's grant and fellowship world, organizations and projects that are of, by, and for the communities they serve are the most successful in securing grant and fellowship funding."
- Krista Smith
What You'll Learn
- 2. Researching Grants & Fellowship Opportunities (6:52)
- 3. Basics of Proposal Writing (10:40)
- 4. Proposal Summary (3:39)
- Template: Project Proposal Summary
- 5. Artistic / Organizational Background (6:03)
- Worksheets: Artistic / Organizational Background Statement
- 6. Creating a Basic Artistic Project Statement (3:06)
- Worksheet: Project Statement / Description
- 7. Intended Participants / Audience / Community (6:55)
- Worksheet: Intended Audience, Participants, Community
- 8. Creating a Realistic Budget (10:20)
- 9. Artistic Work Samples & Additional Supporting Materials (4:36)
- 10. Featured Artist Interview: StormMiguel Florez (25:12)
- 11. Conclusion (6:13)
The Expert in Artist Funding
Krista has over 22 years of Artist and Arts Nonprofit Fundraising, Programmatic Planning, and Strategic Planning experience.
In 2021, she supported her clients to raise $4,000,000 while providing webinars, coaching services and proposal reviews to hundreds of other artists & arts organizations.
Get Ready to Submit
This course is FULL of helpful templates & prompts. Follow along & by the end you'll have drafts ready of your Proposal Summary Statement, your Organizational or Artistic Background, your Artistic Project Statement, a description of your Intended Audience / Participants / Community, a realistic draft Budget, and more!
StormMiguel Florez is a filmmaker, event & media producer, actor, & life-long musician whose work has been funded by several prestigious arts programs and foundations. Tune in for an illuminating interview as he shares lessons learned and tips to help you find success in applying for arts funding.
Zoo Labs is proud to offer the courses on LEARN to you free of charge.
Please consider supporting Zoo Labs: LEARN today.
By helping to provide free creative business training, you are changing how we share information and how we support innovative, creative ecosystems.